Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday makes me go, "Whee!"

Why All Women Should Love Michelle Obama

Bailout to Nowhere

For Obama & Family, a Personal Transition


Top 50 Women to Watch in 2008

The Baseline Scenario
or specifically, read HERE

The Return of the Interview Suit




So today, I had an interview for NPR. Funny thing is that the first article I read when I got back to my apartment was the feature on interview suits. Awesome. I think I did well; it was just the pre-lim stage, where meeting up with the hiring manager would just give me brownie points, but I'd still have to apply and send in clips to land the summer internship. It'll be based in D.C., so not 100% sure if I want to go through with that. I'm trying to look for something in NYC. Top 3: CNN, WSJ, ABC, NBC (okay, top 4, but ABC & NBC are equal)

Tonight=OPERA/CRIMSON. YAY. I finally get to go out after what feels like a looong time of staying cooped up in the Annenberg and apt. On a side note/observation, I think I spend an avg of 8 hrs per day here (I AM IN THE DIGITAL LAB RIGHT NOW. ON A FRIDAY.). A bunch of Sigmas and outside friends are going to meet up there-- Crimson, I've been to. Opera, I haven't. From what I recall from a Thursday, Crimson was small and the guy to girl ratio was ridonkulous (at least 2:1). Unlike guys, a higher opposite-gender ratio is not that awesome for girls. I'm most excited to see Opera though. I've always wanted to go on a Wednesday where there's a mixed crowd.

Tomorrow, if things go as planned, we're heading to Busby's East -- part club, part bar, part pool hall. It'll be fun after watching the Stanford game- chill, but rowdy, and it'll be great to meet new people. I think the crowd is UCLA-ers/West LAers in their early to late 20s.

Alright, I am getting OUT OF HERE. Wearing pumps and biking in a skirt is no bueno.

In the mean time, watch my newest Jour 306 Package.

No comments: